Nepenthes (veitchii x lowii) x mira BE3910
$25.00 – $40.00
Nepenthes (veitchii x lowii) x mira
Nepenthes (veitchii x lowii) x mira was first introduced in April 2018 by Borneo Exotics. The female parent, N. veitchii x lowii, is a remarkable robust plant, which produces huge pitchers and have caught small rats in Borneo Exotic’s nurseries; probably because it exudes nectar from the underside of the lid. The N. mira male parentage gives a wonderful coloration to the pitchers. We look forward to watching these plants mature and coloration develop.
Plants are in 4 inch pots and potted in long fiber sphagnum moss and perlite.
Nepenthes (veitchii x lowii) x mira BE 3910
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.