Nepenthes spectabilis x veitchii BE 3664
ropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Zach Regnier (verified owner) –
I received a large size plant and it is a little bigger than I expected. It has nice thick leaves and appears to be transitioning into a mature plant at this point. I will have to wait until I’ve had it for a while before I can say how the pitchers look as a mature plant; there is a little bit of striping on the current pitchers. Was shipped quickly and nicely.
Larry Nau –
Thank you for your purchase. We agree this looks like a promising hybrid of Nepenthes. Happy growing!