Nepenthes villosa x veitchii BE 4045
$99.00 – $250.00
Nepenthes villosa x veitchii BE 4045 is a random assortment of literally hundreds of different clones out of microprop and replaces the seed-grown version released under BE-4016. Borneo Exotics feels that because there were such a huge number of clones introduced into microprop and then randomly mixed, that there is going to be little difference between BE-4016 and this item.
The female parent is N. villosa, of the same clone as that offered under BE-3225, which was originally selected form many for its exceptional vigor and remains very probably the most vigorous of all the N. villosa in cultivation today. The male parent is the Bario form of Nepenthes veitchii, with pink pitcher and red striped peristome (Collection ID 0211) originally selected from the assorted clones sold under BE-3734.
Random assortment form hundreds of different clones out of microprop. Plants are grown in long fiber sphagnum moss with perlite, in 3.5 pots
Nepenthes villosa x veitchii BE 4045 Assorted Clones
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.