Nepenthes ‘Bill Bailey’ BE3820
$15.00 – $30.00
Nepenthes ‘Bill Bailey’ BE3820 is a creation of Borneo Exotics in Sri Lanka. The plant is vigorous growing Nepenthes, which pitchers very easily. The pitchers are dark red, with the interior being white to light green, flecked with red spots. ‘Bill Bailey’ is a cross between N. singalana from highland Sumatra and N. ventricosa from the mountain forests of the Philippines.
Bill Bailey is a popular British musician and comedian. The plant was named in his honor for his work in conservation
The plants offered are nursery grown and from tissue culture. Large plants will be shipped in 4 and 5 inch pots with sphagnum moss and perlite. This is an ideal starter tropical pitcher plant. Small Plants are potted in 3.5″ pots.
Nepenthes Bill Bailey BE3820 (N. singalana x ventricosa)
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.