Bergen Water Gardens is thrilled to receive an exceptional assortment of XL Nepenthes, tropical pitcher plants, from Borneo Exotics. Borneo Exotics is a leading Nepenthes producer and cutting-edge Nepenthes hybridizer in Sri Lanka. In addition to these exceptional show plants, we have added to our growing collection/list of Nepenthes species and hybrids for sale. Once these plants have settled in we will add them to our website.
Smaller plants are available of some varieties, with more plants shipping in the future.
True Lowland varieties like it hot and humid…challenging in Churchville, NY
Highland and Intermediate varieties are less demanding:
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part pearlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.