- This event has passed.
6th China Lotus Exhibition Nanjing, China
July 9, 2019 - July 10, 2019
Larry Nau is honored to present and participate in The 6th China Lotus Flower Variety Exhibition and the First Nanjing Liuhechi Hu Lotus Culture Tourism Festival near Nanjing China.
Larry will join:
- Carlos Magdelana – Royal Botanic Gardens – Kew
- Dr. Nopchai Chansilpa – Director of Waterlily Institute at Rajamangala University – Thailand
- Weerada Tana-Akarapakin – Buafah Garden – Thailand
- Laura Bancroft – Ten Mile Creek Nursery – Dothan, Alabama – USA
- Gianluca Bonomo – Plantedacqua.it – Italy
- Jaehyeok Lee – Jay’s Aquatic Nursery – Korea
- Ganesh Kumar A – Plantation sector in India
- Davide la Salvia – via Appia Garden – Italy
Chi Hu Wetland Park has over 1,000 acres of water. It is named for the the more than 50,000 Taxodium ascendens ( Taxodium distichum var. imbricarium) or pond cypress planted there in the early 1980s. The forest is now the largest and best preserved water forest in East China.
In addition there are over 200 varieties of waterlilies planted in the park. For this event, over 300 varieties of blooming lotus will be displayed. This wetland is also home to over 100,000 birds which live here year round. Over 102 species of birds have been found here including rare and endangered birds such as the blue-headed pochard. This is also a critical rest area for the migratory birds and additional habitat for birds along the Yangtze River.
This exhibition is sponsored by the People’s Government of Liuhe District and the Lotus Branch of China Flower Association, Liuhe District Culture and Tourism Bureau, Liuhe Chengqiao Subdistrict Office, Jiangsu Chihu Culture and Tourism Development Co., Ltd.. Thank you to Mr. Ding Yuesheng of Nanjing Yilian Garden for the invitation to speak and to view this amazing conifer mega-planting!
Above photos courtesy of Chi Hu Wetland Park