Venus Fly Trap Dente
Venus Fly Trap Dente (Dionaea muscipula ‘Dente’) has been a popular Venus fly trap for many years. First, Dente is a vigorous grower, Second it’s teeth are shorter than average but Dente takes on a fierce appearance. The traps will be green unless it is grown in bright sun, then the traps become red. If grown outside the leaves will tend to grow longer.
Plants are in a 4 inch pot. Best grown outside but will go dormant during the winter season.
1 in stock
Dente Venus Fly Trap
Venus Fly Trap (Dionaea muscipula) Care
• Use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Venus fly trap
• Keep soil moist; usually a tray or dish with 1/2 to 1.0 inch of water
• Mist the trap every few days with pure water
• VFT like a sunny or partial sunny location. If growing under lights inside, 3 to 6 inches from light source.
• Soil is a mixture of 50% peat and 50% course sand. Some growers add pearlite to the mix.
• Do not fertilize your plant. VFT will receive sufficient nutrition from the bugs they catch
• Do not feed your trap hamburger or other foods, let them catch their own food
• Do not trigger or force the trap closed. This take a lot of energy from the plant plus the traps can only open and close three to five times.
• VFT take 3 to 4 years to mature and may live for 20 to 30 years.
• It’s best to let your VFT go dormant from Thanksgiving to Valentines Day. Keep cool but freezing; keep moist but not too wet. A cold garage, cold window are good: 35 to 50 degrees.
Venus Fly Traps will be dormant November until March