Sundew (Drosera sp.) Care
• Use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Sundew
• Keep soil moist; usually a tray or dish with 1/2 to 1.0 inch of water
• Sundews like a sunny or partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights
• Soil is a mixture of 50% peat and 50% play sand. Some growers add pearlite to the mix.
• Do not fertilize your plant. Sundews will receive sufficient nutrition from the bugs they catch
• Sundews may go dormant if the plant is stressed or gets too cold. Keep soil damp and sundew will re-grow with the warmer weather. Do not freeze.
• Sundews may remain in the same soil for many years