Pitcher Plant (Sarracenia sp.) Care
- Use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Pitcher Plant
- Keep soil moist; usually a tray or dish with 1/2 to 1.0 inch of water
- Mist the pitcher every few days with pure water
- Pitcher plants like a sunny or partial sunny location.
- Soil is a mixture of 50% peat and 50% play sand. Some growers add pearlite to the mix.
- Do not fertilize your plant. Pitcher plants will receive sufficient nutrition from the bugs they catch
- It’s best to let your Pitcher plant go dormant from Thanksgiving to Valentines Day. Keep cool but freezing; keep moist but not too wet. A cold garage, cold window are good – 35 to 50 degrees.
- Repot your pitcher plant every 3 to 5 years during its dormancy; use a taller pot
Pitcher plants are best in bogs but can survive in a sunny window but must have a rest period
There are no reviews yet.