Sarracenia Carolina Yellow Jacket is an ideal pitcher plant for beginners. This American pitcher plant is brightly colored with green to yellow pitchers, which stand 8 inches tall. Sarracenia Carolina Yellow Jacket is a complex hybrid of Sarracenia purpurea, Sarracenia rosea, and Sarracenia flava. Remember to:
- Water with only rain water, distilled water or R/O water
- Keep wet at all times
- Potting media should be 50% peat, 50% sand or pearlite
- Never fertilize your pitcher plant. They receive enough nutrients from the bugs they eat
- Pitcher plants require a dormancy period of cooler temperatures for 3 to 4 months ( 32 to 45 degrees F)
- Sarracenia Carolina Yellow Jacket will grow in full sun to partial shade
- Sarracenia Carolina Yellow Jacket is produced by tissue culture and NOT collected in the wild.