Nepenthes ventricosa x hamata BE3672
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
John Nguyen (verified owner) –
Been looking for this hybrid for awhile! The plant is really healthy looking, with numerous pitchers! Amazing packaging too, great job, I will be coming back for more plants in the future!
Larry Nau –
this is a great hybrid, we are glad you like it! Enjoy!
Ryan (verified owner) –
After a long search I finally found this hybrid at Bergen Water Gardens. I was debating whether to purchase this in the middle of winter but went ahead and pulled the trigger before it sold out. Customer service was excellent! Lili answered all my questions and was able to ship the plant at the perfect time. The plant arrived early and in excellent condition with 2 formed pitchers and 2 on the way. I will definitely be back to order more plants from them!!
Larry Nau –
Thank you for your order and kind words. Enjoy your new Nepenthes!