Nepenthes ventricosa x glandulifera BE 3401
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part pearlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Sara Hubbell Mitchell –
Bergen Water Gardens has been kind enough to help us prepare for a Children’s Nepenthes Workshop. This plant & several others arrived very healthy with 4 fully-formed, red speckled pitchers. These are easy to grow & do well in regular household conditions, growing in a south or west facing window. What a great addition to the Children’s Workshop, Thank you Bergen!
Larry Nau –
thank you for your order and we are happy to help with the children’s workshop. Indeed, this is an excellent starter plant!
Sif Nave (verified owner) –
FAST shipping, well-packaged BEAUTIFUL plants! Will absolutely order from Bergen again! I could not be more delighted!
Larry Nau –
Thank you for your order and enjoy your new Nepenthes ventricosa x glandulifera!