Nepenthes robcantleyi BE3517 XL #1
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
valendaria (verified owner) –
Beautiful and healthy specimen, packed and shipped very well! Extremely happy with this plant.
Larry Nau –
Thank you for your order and your kind words. Packing these large plants was fun and we are pleased they made it across the country safely. Best of luck growing your new giant Nepenthes!