Nepenthes ramispina x robcantleyi BE 3939
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
BrianC (verified owner) –
Amazing dark plants! Every pitcher on the one they sent is almost pure black. And they’re showing some of the robcantleyi characteristics, too. Thanks, BWG!
Steven Frost (verified owner) –
Gorgeous plant. Arrived as if it hadn’t endured the trip at all, in wonderful condition. I can’t wait to see how it grows.
Larry Nau –
Thank you for your support of our efforts. Enjoy your new Nepenthes ramispina x robcantleyi.