Nepenthes rajah x veitchii BE3730
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Rodrigo (verified owner) –
Large flared red wavy peristomes I can’t wait to see more pitchers on this beauty I can already tell it’s going to be one of my favorite hybrids. Thanks for always sending your best plants .
Wow!! I’ve never seen one like this. I have about 5 other Nepenthes and this one is definitely unique. He has 2 pitchers with about 3 more forming. And his leaves are another lovely oddity. They are fuzzy!! And the new growth is as well. I must say I am very, very pleased and excited to see this guy take off. And I must say, you take wonderful care of your plants and we were much happier with the way you packaged him. I named him Godzilla. Thank you so much for the beautiful plant!!
Larry Nau –
It is wonderful to have such appreciative and enthusiastic customers! Thank you for your comments and your order. Enjoy your new Nepenthes!
Kevin stearns (verified owner) –
Love this one! Beautiful peristomes and Arrived with two good size pitchers. Can’t wait to see how big this nepenthes gets!!
Larry Nau –
Thank you for your order. Indeed this Nepenthes had a huge leaf jump, it promises to be a spectacular plant. Happy growing!