Nepenthes rajah x mira BE3788
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Sara Hubbell Mitchell (verified owner) –
I love this one! Beautiful colors of orange & red speckles with ridgid, red peristome! This is 1 of 7 nepenthes that I ordered from Bergen. Each plant was very healthy with multiple pitchers. I highly recommend Bergen Water Gardens!
Larry Nau –
thank you for your order. We are happy you like this Nepenthes
BrianC (verified owner) –
Yes! This form is much darker red than I have seen in pictures, and leaves much darker green as well. I was hoping for that.
One thing I wanted to say is how easily BWG’s plants are to get out of the pot without damaging the plant. Others I have purchased elsewhere are so tightly packed you damage the roots trying to get them out. Or they’re half filled with perlite and crumble when you extract them. Thanks, BWG. Great Nepenthes nursery.
Larry Nau –
thank you for your order and you positive comments. Rajah x mira looks like a wonderful cross.. you purchased our last one!
Sif Nave (verified owner) –
Attractive plant with lovely dark red pitchers already forming in a very distinctive shape.