Nepenthes mirabilis var. globosa x hamata BE 3685
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Ed (verified owner) –
Just as described! Nice plant, fast shipping. Thank you
Larry Nau –
Ed thank you for your purchase, we are happy you have had a good experience with Bergen Water Gardens
Zach Regnier –
My plant is still small, but the new pitcher resembles those in the photos. The large wings are there, general pitcher shape, and it is mostly green with a little color starting to show.
Larry Nau –
Zach mirabilis var globosa x hamata is one of my favorite Nepenthes. As the pitchers get larger they make a great presentation!