Nepenthes mirabilis var. echinostoma BE 3372
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: Ideal range for lowland Nepenthes is 75 to 90 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Christina Aguirre (verified owner) –
Arrived quickly and packed beautifully. I haven’t been able to find this species anywhere. I ordered a small and was pleased to see it was much bigger than I expected with a few pitchers already on it.
Larry Nau –
Indeed this can be a challenging species but this group is growing well. Happy Growing!