Nepenthes hamata BE3380 Lumut Form
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Dan Birch (verified owner) –
I purchased one of these about a year ago, and it is still growing strong and happy. Bergen shipped the plant promptly and safely. Lili answered all my questions promptly. I recommend Bergen water gardens highly!
Larry Nau –
Dan thank you for your purchase and we are pleased your N. hamata is growing well.
Levi (verified owner) –
I ordered a hamata along with a heliumphora and two flytraps the fly traps are adult size for a reasonable price and my other two mentioned advanced plants arrived in great condition after reaching out I received an email of detailed care tips. Shipping was almost instant. Great nursery I recommend.
Larry Nau –
thank you for your order and support. Enjoy your new plants!