Nepenthes glandulifera x hamata BE3953
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Jayson Lett (verified owner) –
This is a really cool hybrid I was unaware of and I received an expertly potted and packaged plant that is much larger than I anticipated. Thanks!
Larry Nau –
Indeed this is a fast growing Nepenthes which is showing much promise for the future. Thank you for your order.
Sif Nave –
Receiving this plant was such a pleasant surprise! Thank you so much. This hybrid is absolutely beautiful, with so many healthy & colorful pitchers. I am so very delighted and grateful!