Nepenthes chaniana BE3434
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part pearlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Nelson Perez (verified owner) –
I am in awe of the selection BWG provides through its website. I ordered Nepenthes chaniana and it came promptly, well packaged, but most of all, in exceptional health. will definitely be ordering from BWG again. If you are a first time grower or a seasoned collector, give them a try, they definitely earned a repeat customer.
Larry Nau –
Nepenthes chaniana is quickly becoming one of favorites at BWG. We appreciate your order and your positive response!
Sif Nave (verified owner) –
Gorgeous fuzzy plant. I can’t wait to see the pitchers develop more on this species! Beautiful.