Nepenthes burbidgeae x platychila BE 3886
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part perlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Sif Nave (verified owner) –
I ordered the small, so I was pleasantly surprised when this plant arrived with a couple of well-developed little pitchers! I really like the shape and texture on these guys. The color combination is very unique, and I’m pretty excited to see future pitcher shapes. As usual, BWG delivers quickly on a high quality tropical pitcher plant. Love this place!
Christina Aguirre (verified owner) –
Arrived very quickly and packed beautifully. My Burbidgaea x platychila was even bigger than I expected it to be and had many beautiful pitchers on it. I can’t wait to order again!
Larry Nau –
thank you for your order. We are pleased you like your new Nepenthes. Enjoy!