Nepenthes burbidgeae BE 3834
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part pearlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: above 50 degrees. Ideal is 65 to 80 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
Mizoji (verified owner) –
(Ordered on January 14th) Plant was shipped with a heat pack which is always good, and it was very well packaged. It arrived very healthy and also had two pitchers on it. Only complaint is that the pot and media it came in weren’t great and the media had lots of algae on the surface, this was easily fixed with a simply repot; this doesn’t effect the plants health so it doesn’t effect the review in my opinion. In short: healthy plant, fast/good shipping, and great value. 5/5 would buy from Bergen Water Gardens again.
Larry Nau –
thank you for your comments. Since we pump in rainwater we sometimes have pieces of algae that flow in with the water! We will work on that! thank you for your support and order!