Nepenthes bicalcarata Brunei Orange BE 3029
Tropical Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes sp.) Care
- Best to use only pure water – rainwater, distilled water or RO water. Be careful of bottled water as some contain salt which will kill your Tropical Pitcher plant
- Keep a small amount of pure water in each trap. Mist plants regularly.
- Keep soil moist; but well drained at all times. Do Not let your Nepenthes sit in water
- Nepenthes like partial sunny location. They grow well on windowsills or under fluorescent lights in a terrarium.
- Soil is mixture 3 parts long fiber sphagnum with 1 part pearlite or 1 part fine orchid bark.
- Fertilize Nepenthes with foliar fertilizer. ¼ tsp of Maxsea per gallon of water, 2 times a month
- Nepenthes like to grow warm: Ideal range for lowland Nepenthes is 75 to 90 degrees with high humidity.
Note: Pitchers will change in color and shape as they mature. Often there are also several different clones in our mix, so the pitchers may vary slightly for this reason as well.
I’m absolutely ecstatic! I wish I could upload a picture of this tiny beauty because the thumbnail doesn’t do it justice. Pitchers are healthy, sporting prominent fangs. What blew me away is his gorgeous peristome. It’s glossy and has colors that belong in Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. I can’t wait to watch him grow! Thank you so much!
Larry Nau –
thank you very much for your feedback and your observations about the bical. Happy growing!