27-Little Pink in Nanyue Lotus – One of Amazing Micro Lotus
Little Pink in Nanyue Lotus is a micro lotus from China. The flower is pink , it is one of our favorite micro lotus and excellent blooming. It will be very surprised.
Note: the tubers of micro lotus are very small, with often only 1 growing point.
How to fertilize micro lotus: Putting 1/4 of Pondtabbs for 6 inch pot when the plant get first standing leave or 4 floating leaves, Putting 1 table of pondtabbs for 10 inch bowl when the plant get first standing leave or 4 floating leave, Do the same thing in each 10-15 days, please don’t over fertilize, because it is tiny pot, otherwise it will kill the plant.
How to maintain micro lotus during growing season: keeping enough water in the pot, watering them twice or three times a day, cleaning algae from the pot from time to time, so the plant would grow well.
How to maintain micro lotus during winter time: keeping the whole pot with water inside your house, and temperature will be around 55-60. And repot the plant when the temperature is around 65-70 in spring.
Micro Lotus is not indoor plant, they need full sun during growing season. PLEASE DON’T GROW MICRO LOTUS INDOOR!
Please check our micro lotus pot here Chinese Micro Lotus Pot
10 in stock
Nelumbo ‘Little Pink in Nanyue ‘
Leaf Height: 6 inches to 8 inches ( 15 to 20 cm)
Flower Type: Single
Flower Diameter: 1.25 to 1.75 inches (3.0 to 4.4 cm)
Flower Height: 6 to 8 inches (15 to 20 cm)
Flowering Period: July
Comments: Best to grow in a 6 inch (15 cm) pot. A larger pot will produce a bigger plant
Guidelines for growing Micro Lotus:
- Start with a pot size of 15 cm or about 6 inches in diameter. This will assure good growth and flower production. The smallest pot which may be used is 6 cm or 2.3 inches in diameter – this is only recommended for the experienced grower.
- Plant tuber when average temperature is above 68 F (20 C)
- Plant in a well ventilated, outdoor area
- Make sure pot stays full of water – micro lotus will dry up quickly due to their small pot size
- Flowering temperature is 77 F (25 C) to 95 F (35 C)
- Water is best at a neutral pH ( 7.0)
- Fertilize every 15 days with a weak application of aquatic fertilizer (1/4 Tablet)
- Remove old leaves and flowers only when “dead, with no signs of green”. This will encourage new growth.
- Allow for winter dormancy but do not let tuber freeze.
- Watering them 3 times a day during hot summer time
- Cleaning up algae when you water the plant
- keeping on eyes on the aphids on the plant, because the plant is small so it would be easy to get aphids. Because of their small size, Micro Lotus can be a challenge to grow.
- Why do i love planting Micro lotus?
It did give me a lot fun, i did enjoy growing up micro lotus now, even it take me a lot time to take care of them, so when I saw them got first standing leaves, I will be very exciting, then I see the first bud coming up, I will be thrilled , wait for a long time finally the bud bloom now, i will feel that it is my baby:)